• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved vServer Plesk installation error [missing swap space]

Leon_Infinit

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Cant install
Good day,

I am in the process of creating my website.

Currently I want to connect the SSL certificate in the website, but as I have learned, you have to do that in Plesk (admin page).

Yesterday I bought a vServer + domain at IONOS and set it up today.

After I found the installation instructions for Plesk at IONOS, I tried it directly.

When I enter the command with the Plesk installation comes:
Wenn ich den Befehl eingebe mit der Plesk installation kommt:

ERROR: Components and product validation detectet at least one important issue:
Available disk space free:
There is not enough disk space available in the / directory.
Yout need to free up 714.0 MB.

Dannach habe ich überprüft wieviel Speicherplatz belegt ist und siehe da, ich habe noch 7GB Frei.

FilesystemSizeUsedAvailUse%Mounted on
tmpfs88M2.185M3%/run
/dev/vda19.6G2.6G7,0G28%/
tmpfs436M0436M0%/dev/shm

Now I'm confused, because I have enough free space, but I still can not install Plesk.
In addition, I must also say that I am quite inexperienced in terms of Ubuntu, since I have tested it only the day before yesterday for the first time.

Can you help me with this?

MfG Leon

PS:
Info about the vServer:

1 vCore 1GB RAM 10GB SSD Storage Ubuntu 22.04

hello,
thanks for your tip, it really helped with 1G swap space.

After I successfully installed Plesk today, I directly added SSL certificate.
Now there is a problem:
Normally when I go to my website, my Joomla homepage comes, but now when I go to the website after Plesk installation, the Plesk Default page comes.
Can you help me how to get it back so that my domain/website shows the Joomla homepage?

Back