• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

warning safety certificate with outlook

rodolphe.dupin

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the plesk I have a dedicated server with PLESK 12.5.

I parameter outlook for the email address of my clients, for example:

domain: 123.FR

SMTP server: mail.123.fr
POP server:: mail.123.fr

SMTP on port 587 with encrypted connection: automatic.

when we open outlook and that it sends a message, the first time he asks certificate validation. every time we open outlook is the same.

after some research, it seems I have to purchase an SSL certificate and put it on the server in the file that serves the SMTP server.

then I wonder how I'm going to set outlook for my clients,

is that I could continue to use the same configuration or I'm going to use the domain name that I affected the SSL certificate.

I ask but I doubt one can I'll have to use the domain name of the SSL certificate.

by cons is that someone would walk to follow correct for this installation?

thank you in advance for any answers.

If you purchase an SSL certificate for your hostname, then your clients will need to use the hostname for there incoming & outgoing servers ..

The Plesk - Forum - User "BoiseComputer" forked a nice bash script for the free of charge (!)

which would solve your issue, when using it as a monthly cronjob ( or every 60 days - - - remember please, that Let's Encrypt certificates have a 90-day lifetime! ).

Github - BoiseComputer / plesk_mailcert ( Link to the BoiseComputer Github repository, please inform me, if the link might go dead, so I can provide another working link )

If you purchase an SSL certificate for your hostname, then your clients will need to use the hostname for there incoming & outgoing servers ..

if I understand well, if I want that all my customers use the port 587 for the SMTP server, I owe installed a certificate which is not automobile signs.

All the domain names of my server will have to use the same SMTP server for sends it e-mails.

Back