• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Weird permissions on Plesk

ilijamt

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I didn't notice when but in some update I ran into issues when php is creating files or reading them.

The root directory of the subdomain or httpdocs is <user>: psaserv and the files inside <user>: psacln

Instead of creating with it's user:group it is always created with www-data, and also because of that if the permissions are set to 770 it won't work, but if I change the user to www-data it will.

I have to put 777 permissions for the writing to work on a folder or file

Tried to run PHP as FastCGI and Apache same issue.

What other info would you need to help?

PHP: 5.4.39
Version: Parallels Plesk v12.0.18_build1200140606.15 os_Debian 7.0

Hi ilijamt,

by default, the system-user "psacln" is not part of the group "www-data" ( CentOS = apache ), or the group "nginx", but when you use php5-fpm, PHP - requests are handled by "domain_system_user:psacln" ( you can verify this, by having a look at your pool - definition for php5-fpm for each domain: for example with Ubuntu/Debian = /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/ ) . You can solve this issue by adding the group to www-data and nginx:

usermod -a -G psacln www-data
usermod -a -G psacln nginx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

$ id www-data
uid=33(www-data) gid=33(www-data) groups=33(www-data),1002(psaserv),1006(psasb)

Yeah adding the psacln group did the trick partly, can someone from Plesk confirm that it should be like that and not a workaround.

But still it creates the file as www-data instead of the <user>: psacln

Back