• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Why Does Plesk "Retrieve Keys" Use The Wrong IP Address Instead Of Correct IP Address That License Key Is Under?

BernieG

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 8.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.60 #1
Hi,

I received an email that there was an error that occurred while processing my Plesk Key. I then tried to use "Retrieve Keys" under Plesk but I received the following error message.

The current Plesk license cannot be used with the x.x.x.99 IP address because the license is bound to another IP.

My server is hosted by Hetzner and when I log in to my Hetzner account I see the IP address my Plesk license is bound to is x.x.x.119 which is the main IP address under my Plesk account.

How can I change my Plesk account to use the x.x.x.119 IP address instead of trying to retrieve keys under the x.x.x.99 IP address that I have for a different domain under my Plesk server?

Thank you.

It means that another IP's is likely already assigned to the license. Contact your license partner (in your case Hetzner) about the issue. They can re-assign IP's for the license.

Ok, so there isn’t a way I can just update Plesk to use the correct IP address that Hetzner originally has for my server?

I added additional IPs to my account but the main IP address that Plesk uses is still the same one that Hetzner has my license under so I don’t fully understand why Plesk is using a different IP address as the license IP?

Back