• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress Plugin Manager

Stdotcom

New Pleskian
We have a few servers with plesk and each server hosts around 500 Wordpress websites. All instances of the Wordpress manager are working fine, with the exception of one server.

The Wordpress updates and theme updates tabs work fine on this server, but with the plugins tab - it isn't loading any data.

We have the message:

New updates are available for 6 installations, 130 plugins, 11 themes. Install All Now

However the plugins page only displays the message "Here you can see the list of all plugins installed on your WordPress installations." but with no content below it.

We've rescanned a few times with no joy. Are there any known fixes or suggestions to solve this, as we'd like to manage all of these plugins in bulk.

thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

Can you tell me which Plesk version (update number) you're using? We've had reports of similar issues, but they disappeared once Plesk was updated to the latest version. Have you tried installing the latest Plesk update?

Hi,

yeah certainly - We are on the latest Linux version ( 12.0.18 Update #27 ) currently. We can still update plugins on a per site basis too, but obviously with around 500 sites, this would be a big job.

Hello, I suppose there is some javascript ot PHP error.

To check javascript error: press F12: developer tool will open. There is tab console there. refresh page and post here the error if it'll appear
To check PHP error: look /var/log/plesk/panel.log. If there are some errors please post them or send me in PM.

The javascript error on this page is:

Code:
 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'escapeHTML' of null - prototype.js:1402043450:87

The entries in the Plesk panel.log are:

Code:
#6 {main}
file: /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Plugin/Broker.php
line: 336
code: 0
trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Front.php(965): Zend_Controller_Plugin_Broker->postDispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Application/Web.php(38): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(NULL)
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/application.php(15): Plesk\Application_Web->run()
#3 {main}
--
#0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Controller/Action/Abstract.php(191): CommonPanel_Controller_Action_Abstract->_checkForgeryProtectionToken()
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Action.php(502): CommonPanel_Controller_Action_Abstract->preDispatch()
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(295): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('errorAction')
#3 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Res$
#4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Application/Web.php(38): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(NULL)
#5 /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/application.php(15): Plesk\Application_Web->run()
#6 {main}

Thanks

Hi Stdotcom and Parallels Team members,

Is this problem solved?? I have this problem too. I started using the WordPress Manager by scanning my server and 50 WordPress sites showed up. All 3 tabs showed the required information, so I started upgrading installations, plugins and themes.
After a while the Plugins tab did show any information anymore, but the yellow note shows that 40 plugins are not up to date...

I use Plesk 12.0.18 Update #30 on a CentOS 6.6 server with PHP 5.5.20.

Any ideas?

Hi Maikel,

Unfortunately, this problem still exists for us on the affected server. We have the same set up as you in terms of plesk version and OS version. The only difference for us is we have PHP 5.3.3-40. Out of our 5 servers with this set up, this remains the only problematic one with this issue.

Hi everyone,

We've been trying to reproduce the issue on our internal servers for some time, but unfortunately we weren't able to do it. We want to fix this issue, but to do so, we need access to the affected server. If someone is willing to help us out, please PM me the server credentials, so our developers can look into the issue. Thanks in advance!

Please, could you write the full log entry about this php expection in panel.log? There is no error message which could help to find the problem.

Hi there,

I don't see any exception in my /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log file when clicking the Plugins tab.
Can I check other log files?

I also don't see any errors in:

/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log
/var/log/sw-cp-server/sw-engine.log

In /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/httpsd_access_log I get one entry:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [27/Jan/2015:10:32:21 +0100] "POST /admin/task/task-progress/ HTTP/1.1" 200 1675 "https://xxxxx:8443/admin/wordpress/plugins-list" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.93 Safari/537.36" "-"'/admin/task/task-progress/' '' '/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs'

Like I said before, I've installed PHP 5.5.20.

If you need more info, just ask.

Back