• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question WP Toolkit Codeable

nmdpa3

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.59 #2
The 6.3.0 (27 Mar 2024) release notes for WP Toolkit contains the following:

• [+] Added a link to Codeable platform for site admins:
  • Codeable provides access to WordPress experts and developers for WordPress site administrators
  • Unlike many freelancers, Codeable experts and developers will never recommend against the current host
  • To hide the link to Codeable, add codeableIntegrationFeature = off under the corresponding section of the panel.ini (Plesk) or config.ini (cPanel) file.
  • To put your company's name on the Codeable landing page, add codeableUrlCustomer = your company name under the corresponding section of the panel.ini (Plesk) or config.ini (cPanel) file.
Three questions:

1) I'm assuming that the above reference to "to hide the link to Codeable...under the corresponding section of the panel.ini -- is referring to the [ext-wp-toolkit] section? Is that correct?

2) Where would this link have shown up? I looked through all the screens of WP Toolkit after the update, and could not find said link.

3) Why would this not have been disabled by default with an option to enable it. Now, we have to go add this to every Plesk server we manage for customers that has WP Toolkit installed.

Hi there,

1. Your assumption is correct, it's the [ext-wp-toolkit] section.

2. The link is located right on the site card, below the screenshot:

1712303989953.png

If you're not seeing the link, it means the feature was not enabled on your servers at launch. We often perform segmented feature rollouts, and Codeable integration is one of the features that was enabled on some servers and wasn't on others during the initial product release. We do have plans to eventually enable this integration on other servers, but only after communicating to our partners what it is, why it's valuable, and how to disable it beforehand. We're also exploring the possibility of having a revenue share program which could give partners a share of profits from Codeable orders made by partners' end-users.

3. It's not disabled by default because in our experience users typically do not enable things even if they want or need them. They might not even know these things exist -- I've had cases where a customer asked me to implement a particular feature in WP Toolkit, and I had to show him that this feature has been available in the product for almost two years (and that feature was not even hidden).

A couple of observations regarding the hiding of the link:

First, partners have the opportunity to hide the link before it appears in the product. It might not seem like much, but it's a step forward for us, because it wasn't (and in many cases isn't) always like that -- now we're working on informing our partners about changes before the changes are introduced, not after. The main problem here is that there is no single source of information that all our customers use on a regular basis, so we have no effective way of reaching out to everyone.

Second, if you're a partner, I believe you can use KA Partner Central to have this option disabled by default.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

So let me get this straight, you're placing a link in WP toolkit to a thridparty business provider so that they can poach business?

This should be disabled by default and enabled by admin if required.
Second, if you're a partner, I believe you can use KA Partner Central to have this option disabled by default.
Admin should not have to take action to disable "new features" each time Plesk releases a new version.

So let me get this straight, you're placing a link in WP toolkit to a thridparty business provider so that they can poach business?

This should be disabled by default and enabled by admin if required.

Admin should not have to take action to disable "new features" each time Plesk releases a new version.
+1 for this. This should not be enabled by default.

Back