• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question WPTookit Backup upload to remote FTPS storage

embrem

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.7 x86_64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.49.2
hello all,

we use wp-toolkit backups quite often in addition to regular scheduled plesk backups, which are set to use remote FTPS storage only. space gets filled up after a while by wptoolkit backups, unnecessarily inflating the domain backup size as well as taking up precious ssd space.

is there a setting to move wptoolkit backups to an FTPS storage on a regular basis? if not, maybe someone has a bash script handy for a cronjob to do the trick?

plesk obviously uses FTPS to upload backups off-site, however, the only ftp package installed seems to be:

rpm -qa | grep ftp
psa-proftpd-1.3.7e-2.redhat.8+p18.0.49.2+t230110.1619.x86_64

which, if i see it right, is an ftp server, not a client. i've yet to figure out the command plesk uses to upload the backups via FTPS. i'm reluctant to add other software packages / ftp clients if not necessary.

any ideas? appreciate the input

cheers,

Back