• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

BIND is binding to the wrong IP address

mgreen

New Pleskian
Hello,
We are using this server as the DNS master/SOA. We are using BIND. The server is behind a firewall that is doing NAT. I expected BIND to use the address the Plesk server uses -10.10.1.20 lets say - as its primary. BIND does not use that address. It uses 10.10.1.15 which is also assigned to the same server NIC but was added later. If I remove the 10.10.1.15 address from the NIC then BIND uses the next highest IP address in the list i.e. 10.10.1.16 assigned to the NIC.

I don't know if this is as a result of a Windows server problem with IP address sourcing and binding when more that one IP address is assigned to a NIC, or if Plesk is just not assigning or using the expected IP address to configure the BIND service.

Panel Version - 11.5.30 Update #51
Microsoft Windows Server 2012

Back