• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Fatal error: extension 'sitebuilder' was not found

LuciaH

New Pleskian
I use SiteBuilder 2.x.
I am switching my SiteBuilder 2.x to a new server.

However when open the browser, I have this error:
"Fatal error: extension 'sitebuilder' was not found"

I tried > php -v and this is my result:

[root@localhost Sitebuilder.2.1.3]# php -v
PHP: Error parsing /etc/php.d/ioncube-loader.ini on line 1
Failed loading extension_dir: extension_dir: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so: undefined symbol: empty_string in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so: undefined symbol: empty_string in Unknown on line 0
PHP 5.2.6 (cli) (built: Sep 13 2008 11:13:29)
Copyright (c) 1997-2008 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2008 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.3.7, Copyright (c) 2002-2009, by ionCube Ltd.

I open ioncube-loader.ini, it has only 1 line:
zend_extension=extension_dir => /usr/lib/php/modules => /usr/lib/php/modules/php_ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so
and the file php_ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so is in the folder.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

Thanks

Check content of /etc/php.d/ioncube-loader.ini file. It should be something like

# cat /etc/php.d/ioncube-loader.ini
zend_extension=/usr/lib/php/modules/php_ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

and make sure that file is really there:

# ls -la /usr/lib/php/modules/php_ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

I have successfully fixed the ioncube problem.
However I am still having problem loading the sitebuilder. As you may see from the command below, the PHP couldn't find the sitebuilder.so. I try to locate the file and copy it from /usr/lib/php4/sitebuilder.so to /usr/lib/php/modules/.
But I still have this error:
"/usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so: undefined symbol: empty_string in Unknown on line 0"

Thanks.

[root@localhost ioncube]# php -v
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

[root@localhost ioncube]# find / -name 'sitebuilder.so'
/usr/lib/php4/sitebuilder.so

[root@localhost ioncube]# cp /usr/lib/php4/sitebuilder.so /usr/lib/php/modules/

[root@localhost ioncube]# ls /usr/lib/php/modules/
apc.so dom.so json.so mbstring.so mysql.so pdo_mysql.so pdo_pgsql.so pdo_sqlite.so php_ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so xmlreader.so xsl.so
dbase.so gd.so ldap.so mysqli.so odbc.so pdo_odbc.so pdo.so pgsql.so sitebuilder.so xmlwriter.so zip.so

[root@localhost ioncube]# apachectl restart

You have Sitebuilder v2.x installed, which is incompatible with PHP5, once sitebuilder.so is loaded into PHP5 the corresponding error is noted:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Please downgrade PHP to v4 to allow for proper Sitebuilder 2 functioning, or upgrade Sitebuilder to v4.5.

Back