• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Forum Page: no way to create a thread / topic

S

Sleepless

I created a site with a forum special page in it.
Published it to the server. Please see it at:

http://masteringtheunpredictable.com/page8.php

The forum appears, and you can search, but there is no way to make topics.
I went back to the Sitebuilder and put a couple of topic in there, and visitors can make replies to those, but I can not find any way for visitors to make new topics. Am I missing something here? (Sorry if this is covered elsewhere on this forum, it is very difficult to search a "forum" on the subject of "forum posts": you tend to get all posts, or none.)

Is it true that the administrator has to make all the thread posts?

I don't think so because elsewhere on this forum I see people saying it is too easy for visitors to create new topics/threads/posts.

Is this a problem with the template? I don't have experience with any other template. I simply have never used this before, and I may be missing something very obvious. I am expecting a button "Create new Thread" or "Create new Topic" on the web site. I don't see one.

Back