• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Git webhook gives 404 error

Johannes Kingma

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Linux 3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.83.el7.x86_64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.60
The URL generated here
1715609791678.png

results in a 404 error.

Another domain for the same customer has a proper, working Webook-URL

What should we do to get this working?

The Webhook URL is not a webpage. It will always return a 404 error in a browse because the webhook URL only works with POST requests. When you are trying to just load the URL in your browser, then you will get a 404 as that you are sending a GET request.

Oh thanks, didn't know that. But currently also GitHub claims a 404 error when I add the webhook. Is there a way to test this and find out what the root cause is? Plesk or GitHub?

Oh thanks, didn't know that. But currently also GitHub claims a 404 error when I add the webhook. Is there a way to test this and find out what the root cause is? Plesk or GitHub?
Are you sure GitHub is returning a 404 and not another error?

A better reply would be 405 btw. would indicate a proper url but a wrong method. Is there someplace I can suggest this?
Plesk UserVoice would be te perfect place to add this as a suggestion.

That the most likely cause for a 404 wehen adding the webhook in Github would be because of a incomplete URL. Make sure you copy and post the whole URL (not forgetting any charters).

That the most likely cause for a 404 wehen adding the webhook in Github would be because of a incomplete URL. Make sure you copy and post the whole URL (not forgetting any charters).
As Plesk copies the complete URL when single clicking it the possibilty of losing characters it negliable.

As Plesk copies the complete URL when single clicking it the possibilty of losing characters it negliable.
That's true.

You could try to deleted the repository from the domain and add it again. That will generate a new webhook URL for the repository. However I suspect that the issue is caused by something else. Maybe blocking by firewall of fail2ban.

Back