• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue init at 100% CPU and pleskrc very slow to reload processes

For such a specific question it is best to address it to Plesk support. They can analyze, research and respond in detail.

Found the source of this issue and a solid workaround. Apparently Virtuozzo/OpenVZ symlinks /sbin/init to systemd within the container, but then on the node when vzctl launches things it passes init parameters in like: init -z, which results in systemd -z.

For reasons unknown to me, the -z seriously messes with systemd particularly after systemctl reexec-daemon is run, which is exactly what Plesk does when it runs system updates.

There is a patch available for systemd to prevent the unexpected switch from messing with systemd upon reexec, but RedHat hasn't yet backported it. Virtuozzo devs haven't yet taken note, but the original reporter of the issue on the systemd project on Github devised a solid workaround to replace the /sbin/init symlink with a quick script to strip the -z from the parameters that vzctl feeds into init, resulting in systemd never having the -z paramter passed into it.

Full details here: systemctl daemon-reexec forgets running services and tries to restart all services · Issue #28184 · systemd/systemd

Note that the container *must* be rebooted after this workaround is applied.

I also submit a pull request for Virtuozzo to fix libvzctl by removing the -z paramter when systemd is used here, however I doubt they'll look at that. I have also updated my OpenVZ bug report on this issue with this information.

Back