• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Issue with Availability of Free Version of Plesk (Plesk Web Admin SE) on Vultr Server Deployment

manim

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
NA
Hello,

I am writing to report an issue I encountered while attempting to deploy a new server on the Vultr.

Upon my initial server deployment (a month ago), I successfully utilized the free version of Plesk, namely "Plesk Web Admin SE," without any complications (used for only 1 domain). However, when attempting to deploy another server for second domain recently, I noticed that the option for the free version of Plesk is no longer available during the setup process. Instead, only other paid versions (Web Pro and Web Host with free trial) are being displayed.

Is the Plesk Web Admin SE has been removed from Vultr or it has been discontinued by Plesk?

Although about "Plesk Web Admin SE" is no more mentioned in vultr site Deploy Plesk in One-Click

However, plesk still mentioning about "Plesk Web Admin SE" for vultr platform here: Plesk Web Admin SE

And more importantly, what will happen to my 1st domain utilizing Plesk Web Admin SE? Is it safe to continue using it, or will it impact its functionality in the future?

Please clear out this matter.

Attachments

• screen.PNG
    screen.PNG
    167.4 KB · Views: 5
Hi, the Plesk Web Admin SE edition is being discontinued. It can no longer be installed on new servers. On existing servers the Web Admin SE edition can be used till Augustus 30st this year when it will be fully discontinued.

Thank you for providing clarity. I would also like to know if there are any immediate plans to discontinue the Plesk Web Admin SE edition on Amazon Lightsail, Amazon EC2, and DigitalOcean.

the prices for a license are too high, between you and those of cpanel you have now truly become a disgrace, I will justify this increase in prices. I will find some free solutions to customize.

Why do you think that a company with hundreds of employees should work for you for free to provide you a control panel for free so that you can earn money using some high tech product you do not want to pay for yourself? What is the disgrace here?

Why do you think that a company with hundreds of employees should work for you for free to provide you a control panel for free so that you can earn money using some high tech product you do not want to pay for yourself? What is the disgrace here?
I'm not the one you're responding to and I would not call them a disgrace, but just to provide another perspective, because we can run the free version on some smaller servers that only host 1 or 2 sites, and because having a homogenous hosting setup is helpful, we pay for 8 licenses for our larger servers. Plus we have a couple paid extensions I believe even on the free ones. So there's money being paid.

I don't expect anyone to work for free. The service was offered to me and I built business plans around it, and I'm disappointed to see this change. I'm not sure why you'd want to shame someone into mentioning that this is an unwelcome disruption.

I have maybe 8 clients that started with a single site. I set them up with Web SE. Now 4 of them are on paid plans because they grew. Those 4 plans would probably not have existed otherwise because we would have taken other routes to manage the sites, like just sticking them on WP Engine or something. So unfortunately I think this will be a net loss for Plesk, at least for people like me.

Honestly it doesn't even need to be free. If we could get a paid license that's suitable for < 3 domains, I'd be all over it.

Indeed, there are cases that could be made to offer a paid low domain license so if the powers that be at Plesk could see the value in this, it would be a nice way to transition from web admin to something more!

Quite a frustrating decision this. Like others have mentioned above, we have a combination of servers and client setups on various Plesk options.

Usually it starts with the free license before progressing to one of the paid options.

We have 30/40+ droplets with different Plesk configurations. Some of which we have no choice but to upgrade, but others we'll likely investigate different hosting solutions.

Back