• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Let's Encrypt Certificate Request does not use DNS Challenge

DevMoritz

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.58 Update #2
Hey,

I want to issue a certificate for my domain xyz.com with IP 1.2.3.4 (example values), I am using some services like mail on the Plesk instance.
But I have also another software (k8s) running on my xyz.com domain, so I have my A Record directed to the k8s cluster on IP 4.3.2.1 instead of the one of Plesk.

The problem is that, when I want to reissue the certificate now it fails with the following error message:
1706399848540.png
It seems that the wrong challenge is used (HTTP-01 instead of DNS-01).
Is it even possible to renew the certificate for a domain that does not point to the Plesk instance?

Thanks for any help :D

DNS-01 is only supported for wildcard certificates.

If the domain name itself is not hosted on the server, a certificate cannot be issued. A certificate can be issued where the domain is hosted.

Instead, you can address the server by its host name where you have a certificate for the host name.

Hey,

so there is no way to use DNS-01 if the domain is not pointed to the Plesk server?
I can generate myself a cert with e.g. certbot and can upload it there, but than the CSR Part is missing and is not fully automated.

So I need to get the specific domain to work on Plesk with an certificate for my mails, how doesn't matter, except I cant point the DNS record towards it.
I use Cloudflare for DNS, so there is an service for Plesk for syncing, is it possible to tell Plesk it should change the _acme-challenge record in Cloudflare?

Maybe another idea?

Thanks
Moritz

Back