• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved normal behavior? [Why is my domain redirected to the Plesk login page?]

LionKing

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Linux Ubunto 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition Version 18.0.57 Update #5
So today I was working with adding some new national LTD domain names for our company and was at google webmaster finalizing stuff when I saw that there was a URL/ page that had trouble with being indexed and I reacted to it because it is not something we have added in DNS or elsewhere in itself but we do use * wild card domain too.

Basically its
https://m.domainname.co,uk login_up.php
which makes the Plesk login page load and I found that to be a bit strange.

You can also use some garbage text like (Doesn't matter what you put there) https://dsdjhfdfd.domainname.co,uk/login_up.php and it will still work and load the Plesk login page interface.

Now the question here is obviously if this is normal/normal behavior by Plesk and if so - how to disable it?
We like to keep the login page for Plesk/ our server a secret for security reasons.

If not normal (knock on wood) - but potential malicious activity - then what should we look for to remove this?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards

Actually you do not even need the "/login_up.php" at the end of the URL. You just need to type something/some letters in-front of the root domain and you will be redirected to the Plesk login. Seems a bit strange to me.(?)

Kind regards

I think (?) I found the culprit of the issue.
In Plesk settings Plesk was configured to access any address:
1703701517089.png

If I'm correct then this is what caused the issue.

Kind regards

Back