• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue plesk cors policy, either no header or multiple headers

Mrdtch

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu
Plesk version and microupdate number
obsidian
I needed to enable cors, so i followed this guide:

I am adding the additional apache directives to the 'additional directives for HTTPS' as Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "Example Domain"
and Nginx proxy mode is ticked/on.

When I do this (and only this) I get the error "The 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header contains multiple values '*, Example Domain', but only one is allowed."

But when I delete the line from "Additional directives for HTTPS" i get the error:
has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

When I try the opposite:
Disable proxy mode and add the directive "add_header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' 'Example Domain':" to the 'additional nginx directives' box (after clearing the previous directives in the Apache section).
I get the error:
has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

I have followed the guide:

however there is no value in any of the other locations specified.

I am unsure what to do now.

I am uncertain why without a single directive there is a no header error but with just one single directive, i am getting an error. If there is a directive somewhere allowing '*' access, then where is it and why does it not work?

Back