• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Plesk Onyx 17.8 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily my ISP is backing-up my VPS every 4 hours so I could restore :). Got an email from root that told me that the upgrade has been completed successfully. Didn't want to be at preview 11 but it's fine now I guess. Only new installation will fail. At least in my case.

Last edited:
I wonder if you have a corrupted RPM database

Remove;

# cd /var/lib
# rm __db*

Rebuild;

# rpm --rebuilddb
# rpmdb_verify Packages

I wonder if you have a corrupted RPM database

Remove;

# cd /var/lib
# rm __db*

Rebuild;

# rpm --rebuilddb
# rpmdb_verify Packages

Not all these commands work on Debian? I believe CentOS uses rpm packages. And as I said, the installation also fails on a clean server and a clean server shouldn’t have corrupted rpms.

Correct me if I understood something wrong.

Well, the issue is solved. That’s why it’s closed. This man got an installed courier packages, I haven’t.
... well, the "man" it's me, and yes the issue is solved, but that's the only thread for a solved issue that is also locked!
No big deal, anyway, and we are highly OT! :)

EMERGENCY: The file /root/.my.cnf contains a password for the MySQL console client. Please remove this file temporarily and restore it after the upgrade, otherwise the upgrade will fail.

When upgrading I got this error... Why would this have a password?

Also, WARNING: There are 126 accounts with passwords encrypted using a deprecated algorithm.

I really have to update each account in the UI lol Is there no faster way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back