• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Plesk restore database backup fails on Mysql

Tofandel

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.54 Update #2
I'm trying to restore a specific database from a plesk backup, but the restore fails with the error

Execution of /usr/bin/mysql --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/my.cnf -u backup_TMu6UaF -h localhost -P 3306 --default-character-set utf8 --abort-source-on-error my_db failed with return code 2. Stdin is source /tmp/pmm-ru-udb-dump-YJm5rf/backup_sqldump_2307240112_2308060112; exit Stderr is mysql: [ERROR] unknown option '--abort-source-on-error'. Last error is Resource temporarily unavailable

--abort-source-on-error is a mariadb specific option and doesn't exist on mysql, I do not have mariadb installed, I am using mysql 8 which should be supported

I cannot post directly into the bug thread as I do not have the reputation

Is there any workaround I could use to get the backup restored in the meantime?

As a temporary workaround

Code:
mv /usr/bin/mysql /usr/bin/mysql.real
echo '#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/mysql.real ${@/--abort-source-on-error/}' > /usr/bin/mysql
chmod +x /usr/bin/mysql

To silently drop the option

Back