• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue XP/IE8 don't work whith Obsidian

JJM

New Pleskian
Yesterday I updated Plesk Onyx to Obsidian and XP/IE8 browsers are unable to open my webpage.

I had configured protocols and ciphers as suggested by Mozilla (intermediate) and all was fine with Onyx, but after update to Obsidian don't work (same protocols and cipher settings).

SSL labs test result for XP/IE8: No FS No SNI Server sent fatal alert: handshake_failure

Any idea?

Tnx.

Yesterday I updated Plesk Onyx to Obsidian and XP/IE8 browsers are unable to open my webpage.

I had configured protocols and ciphers as suggested by Mozilla (intermediate) and all was fine with Onyx, but after update to Obsidian don't work (same protocols and cipher settings).

SSL labs test result for XP/IE8: No FS No SNI Server sent fatal alert: handshake_failure

Any idea?

Tnx.

IE8 and win XP is not supported anymore, so this is normal, you can try to modify SSL it extension settings.

Support for all versions of IE on Windows XP ended effective April 8, 2014 due to its end-of-life.[8] On January 12, 2016, support for IE8 on all supported Windows operating systems ceased, due to new support policies dictating that only the newest version of IE available for a supported version of Windows is supported. Only Internet Explorer 11 is to be supported, except for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, where only Internet Explorer 9 is supported, and Windows Server 2012, where only Internet Explorer 10 is supported.[19]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer_8#cite_note-cw-ie11support-19

I've set Mozilla old config that must be compatible with XP/IE8, but still not working. What am I missing?
Code:
 ssl-protocols:  TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2 TLSv1.3
ssl-ciphers:    ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-RSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256:AES128-GCM-SHA256:AES256-GCM-SHA384:AES128-SHA256:AES256-SHA256:AES128-SHA:AES256-SHA:DES-CBC3-SHA

IE8 and win XP is not supported anymore, so this is normal, you can try to modify SSL it extension settings.

I've try SSLit! with Mozilla intermediate settings that, as said in remarks, is theoretically compatible with XP/IE8, but in the practice nothing changes: my website is still inaccesible XP/IE8

It's very important that my website works under secure protocols because there are money-related transactions that need it and all my XP users are now blocked (about 20% of them).

You may have Windows XP users but they for sure are not using the Internet Explorer v8 (or older, as newer versions do not exist for XP anyway)
They most likely use Firefox or Chrome and thus can still access your site.
With IE on XP one can simply not surf the web anymore, as 60% or more of all websites world-wide will not work due to SSL compatibility or browser capability.

Back