• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Publish a Web API using .NET Core

fabio.florencio

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.59 Update #2
Hi, there.

How do I publish a Web API developed in .NET Core? I already tested succefully Web Application, so the extension is installed without any issues.

Here is the error I get

1713051925083.png
Just to confirm: is it possible to publish a Web API in Plesh, using .NET Core?

Thanks in advance.

Hi! I have the same issue, while before a recent plesk update everything was working fine.
Version before was 18.0.45

I was following this guide:
.Net Application Hosting in Plesk

Error Log:

Error: Unable to find the directory /var/www/vhosts/.../.../tmp: filemng failed: filemng: stat failed: No such file or directory System error 2: No such file or directory

22448/Tf age/Cor/App/Implementation.cpp:221: Could not spawn process for application /var/www/vhosts/.../...: The application process exited prematurely.
22448/Tp age/Cor/App/Implementation.cpp:221: Could not spawn process for application /var/www/vhosts/.../...: The application process exited prematurely.

So i finally got this running (but i dont understand why) by just changing the folder structure.
Plesk Version 18.0.60
.Net Toolkit 2.1.12-2046

I copied this from the .net sample application you can create with plesk
api.at/webapp
api.at/index.html

Then i put the publish files from my application into the webapp folder.

In the .net settings:
Application URL
api.at
Application root
/api.at/webapp
Document root
/api.at/webapp/wwwroot
Application startup file
/api.at/webapp/application.dll

Back