• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question 404 index.html not found for php websites (nignx)

andreios

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.60 #1
I see on almost al domains the error 404 index.html not found for what ever url.
like this, when the url is 'domain.com/permalink/' the this error is shown "404 domain.com/permalink/index.html not found", website works as expected.
Has something change in the server config recently that could cause this? Can't remember to have seen this before.
I use nginx directly for almost every domain.

By default Nginx log every 404 request as an error. So every time a bot (or a human) makes a request to a non existing page it gets logged as an error. You can disable this by adding the directives bellow to the Additional Nginx Directives for your domain in Plesk

Code:
location / {
    log_not_found off;
}
Or if you already have a location / block in your Additional Nginx Directives, add log_not_found off; to it.

Not sure if you have understood me. I see on every domain, I think it's at least all WordPress affected, always 404's on every url called.
The called pages work.
The strange thing is that it also tries to call index.html although this is not necessary.

But maybe something has changed with WordPress.

I have hardly any other 404's in the logs and I still want to be able to see 404 issues to debug.

Back