• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk didn't remove maillog in /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog under AlmaLinux 9

nethubonline

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux release 9.3
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.60 Update #1
However AlmaLinux 9 becomes /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog, after installing Plesk /var/log/maillog is still in /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog , will it be a problem?
As far as I can tell rsyslog isn't a default part of RHEL 9 (and AL9). On none of my AL 9 systems /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog exist. Did you install rsyslog manually?

After checking, rsyslog.x86_64 is default part of AL9, however it doesn't include /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog because it is in rsyslog-logrotate.x86_64 package now, and rsyslog-logrotate is not default part of AL9.

To ensure proper rotation of the log files /var/log/cron, /var/log/messages, /var/log/secure, and /var/log/spooler, which tend to grow to large sizes and are not handled by Plesk, we have to install rsyslog-logrotate .

In CentOS 7 Plesk updates /etc/logrotate.d/syslog automatically, so I am not sure if Plesk want to handle /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog for AL9. Sure I can manage myself if Plesk doesn't. :)

After evaluation this has been recognized as a product issue on AlmaLinux 9 and will probably addressed in a future update. Issue can be tracked as PPPM-14415 on the Plesk change log.

Back