• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED after reboot

Davlyin_Lafitte

New Pleskian
Hello,

I can access to my panel just fine, but I can't access to the websites I've created ? It was working fine before I rebooted my system. I haven't touched / played with dns settings.

Could anyone help ?

Specific Domain DNS

Template DNS

Domain provider

Last edited:
It worked fine with cPanel, I had no issues. I moved to Plesk now there's all those incomprehensible issues..

Last edited:
Hi Davlyin_Lafitte,

please be aware that Plesk isn't CPanel... settings in CPanel might be different to the ones in Plesk and it's depending settings on services.

An absolut correct setting for your DNS - template ( including the IPv6 - configurations ) could look like this:
*.<domain>. A <ip>
*.<domain>. AAAA <ipv6>
<domain>. NS ns1.<domain>.
<domain>. NS ns2.<domain>. # ONLY USE THIS; IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONFIGURE A SECOND NS - DOMAIN
<domain>. A <ip>
<domain>. AAAA <ipv6>
<domain>. MX (10) mail.<domain>.
<domain>. TXT v=spf1 +a +mx +a:<hostname> +ip4:<ip.mail> ?all
<ip> / 24 PTR <domain>.
<ip> / 24 PTR mail.<domain>.
<ipv6> / 64 PTR <domain>.
<ipv6> / 64 PTR mail.<domain>.
_adsp._domainkey.<domain>. TXT dkim=unknown
_domainkey.<domain>. TXT o=-
ftp.<domain>. CNAME <domain>.
ipv4.<domain>. A <ip>
ipv6.<domain>. AAAA <ipv6>
mail.<domain>. A <ip>
mail.<domain>. AAAA <ipv6>
ns1.<domain>. A <ip.dns>
ns1.<domain>. AAAA <ipv6.dns>
ns2.<domain>. A <ip.dns> # ONLY USE THIS; IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONFIGURE A SECOND NS - DOMAIN
ns2.<domain>. AAAA <ipv6.dns> # ONLY USE THIS; IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONFIGURE A SECOND NS - DOMAIN
webmail.<domain>. A <ip>
webmail.<domain>. AAAA <ipv6>
www.<domain>. A <ip>
www.<domain>. AAAA <ipv6>

Could you please provide the error - log from "/var/www/vhosts/system/YOUR_DOMAIN.COM/logs" for further investigations?

And did you make sure, that your apache and/or nginx webserver are running? ( "/etc/init.d/apache2 status" OR "/etc/init.d/httpd status" for apache ...... "/etc/init.d/nginx status" for nginx ).

Just for your notice:
If you would like to know, where logs and configuration files in Plesk are located, you could have a look at the following KB - article and bookmark it:

Do you still have CPanel?

Parallels provides free support for people who have CPanel
https://www.odin.com/products/plesk/switch-to-plesk/

Once you have already started migrating yourself. Then the support of Odin won't help of course.

I would recommend to cancel your migration or migrate back to CPanel while you can.
If you have CPanel up and running again. Then factory reset your current Plesk server so its clean again for them.

could you please explain, how did you move your website to Plesk?

As I can see your Plesk Server for this website is work fine.

I wonder if you have migrated the files properly.

This might not have to do with anything with restart. Since DNS propagation take few hours, You might have seen the website running normal on you CPanel Server.

Last edited:
In general "site not working" gives very little information (almost none) about what happened. Moving sites from one machine to another gives enough opportunity for failure if performed wrong. I would suggest to check this:

- Does your DNS resolve to a proper IP?
i.e. I tried "nslookup ontweerp.com." site and it doesn't resolve into any IP for me. From my perspective DNS is broken.

- Do your DNS servers recognize your site name?
I have also tried to query your DNS servers directly via
nslookup ontweerp.com. ns391465.ip-176-31-104.eu
and
nslookup ontweerp.com. sdns2.ovh.net
Both didn't respond. Looks like you are using external DNS servers of your provider, so I would suggest to call them and ask for assistance.

- Does the IP work?
i.e. I can "ping 176.31.104.56" and I can "telnet 176.31.104.56 80", so I see your server is live
however it doesn't let me to open your site in a browser

- Does the server recognize your site name?
i.e. I have included your site name into /etc/hosts and then I was able to get default Apache page for your site
For me it means, that web server is running, but it doesn't know your site name (otherwise it would have shown your site or at least Plesk default page)
If the site does really reside on the server, then you would need to explore this KB article for help: http://kb.odin.com/en/135
i.e. disabling or uninstalling Nginx may be helpful

I would suggest to start with DNS problem for now - apparently your site name is not recognized at all. Once DNS resolving is fixed, the rest can be explored if you post more information (i.e. logs as suggested above)

Back