• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error with webmail in Plesk

SusiLedermueller

New Pleskian
Aufgrund von Fehlern in den Konfigurations-Templates konnten keine neuen Konfigurationsdateien für den Apache Webserver erstellt werden: Template processing failed: file = /opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domainWebmail.php, error = No data.. Die Fehlermeldung mit einer detaillierten Fehlerbeschreibung wurde Ihnen per E-Mail zugesendet. Bitte lösen Sie das Problem und klicken Sie auf hier, um die beschädigten Konfigurationsdateien erneut zu erstellen, oder auf hier, um alle Konfigurationsdateien zu erstellen.

Nothing did help - I tried to rewrite config, but error did not disappear.

Try to fix it with help of following example:

Steps:

1. mysql> select * from Configurations where status='error';
+------+--------------------+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+------------+----------+--------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| id | name | serviceNodeId | file | version | objectType | objectId | status | description |
+------+--------------------+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+------------+----------+--------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| 2495 | domainVhost | 1 | /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/conf/13379273360.13356900_httpd.include | 13379701680.16997400 | domain | 623 | error | Template processing failed: file = /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domainVhost.php, error = No data. |
| 2496 | domainWebmailHorde | 1 | /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/generated/13379273360.13356900_domain_com_webmail.include | 13379701680.16997400 | domain | 623 | error | Template processing failed: file = /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domainWebmail.php, error = No data. |

[root@S:/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/conf] mv 13379273360.13356900_httpd.include 13379273360.13356900_httpd.include_back
root@S:/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/conf] touch 13379273360.13356900_httpd.include

[root@S:/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/generated] ls |grep 13379273360.13356900_domain_com_webmail.include
13379273360.13356900_domain_com_webmail.include_back

[root@S:/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/generated] touch 13379273360.13356900_domain_com_webmail.include

3. /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Hello,

Thanks for your description.
I've got the same error but step 1 shows the following:

mysql> select * from Configurations where status='error';
+-----+-------------+------+----------------------+------------+----------+--------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------+--------+
| id | name | file | version | objectType | objectId | status | description | serviceNodeId | active |
+-----+-------------+------+----------------------+------------+----------+--------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------+--------+
| 336 | domainVhost | | 13507245650.53871700 | domain | 321 | error | Template processing failed: file = /opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domainVhost.php, error = No data. | 1 | false |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

There is no path to file i can move or create. The dictionary of the corrupt domain does not exist anymore. What to do?

IF you do not receive the email containing the details promised in the error message
AND
the File column is blank
AND
you only have a single error line relating to webmail
THEN (and only then)

It is likely that there's no configuration error and that all that's happened is that an error condition has been generated and left in the Configurations table for a domain that no longer exists. This is why there's no file.

In this situation it is usually OK to remove the row in question from the Configurations table as long as you do a httpdmng --reconfigure-all afterwards and you get no errors (other than possibly mailman).

Code:
mysql> DELETE FROM Configurations WHERE id='ID-OF-LINE-WITH-ERROR-CONDITION';

I do not understand why httpdmng --reconfigure-all does not remove the error condition all by itself. That's a bit of a mystery to me.

For more details and ideas, take a look at http://kb.parallels.com/en/111605 but keep in mind that it has been badly written. What it is actually saying is that the error could be a result of any of the situations listed at the start and not that it is definitely a result of all of them.

For the webmail issue, take notice of /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/webmail_horde_bootstrap.conf and check out the includes at the bottom of the file.

The domain you deleted, referenced in the line you remove from the Configurations table (cross-reference with the domains table -- the objectid should not be in use it will have been skipped), should not be listed.

A "long-cut" to doing what I've basically described can be found in item 2 in the Resolutions section in that KB. If you read it, you'll see how it is basically telling you to remove all references for all domains used in building the apache configurations. It also tells you to remove everything from the Configurations table. All these things will be re-built and recreated when you run httpdmng --reconfigure-all

The idea is that any references to removed domains and any mangled configuration files will hopefully get removed also.

WARNING: Messing with the Plesk database tables is dangerous. Do not follow my advice unless you are reasonably sure it is the right thing to do and will work for you. Always make a backup. Be prepared for everything to be screwed up. Do not assume I'm right about anything. OK? My advice worked for me. It might not for you. It might make things worse.

EDIT: p.s. you'll probably find a (webmail) configuration file for the deleted domain in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/generated
-- you may want to remove that.

Last edited:
I am having the same problem, however, there is no error listed in my configurations database. For 'status', i only have OK or generation. For the description, I see many of these: "Configuration changes scheduled and not applied". Any other ideas?

Hello,

| id | name | file | version | objectType | objectId | status | description | serviceNodeId | active |
| 336 | domainVhost | | 13507245650.53871700 | domain | 321 | error | Template processing failed: file = /opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domainVhost.php, error = No data. | 1 | false |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

There is no path to file i can move or create. The dictionary of the corrupt domain does not exist anymore. What to do?

I came across almost similar situation where the warnings per permanent in plesk regardless of how many times a regeneration of vhosts has been done and completed with out errors ..

A quick db look-up indicated error records but without the 'file' record which to me it were referring to an NON existent domain name...This could be brought about cases where a domain is deleted and for some reason the deletion didn't go till end to complete the configurations file be regenerated ..

Anyways, to cut the story short, I did

Code:
delete from Configurations where status='error' and `file`='';

This removed the warnings and also my server worked smoothly thereafter ...
However if you believe that was wrong, please share whys..

Hello,

1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I came across almost similar situation where the warnings per permanent in plesk regardless of how many times a regeneration of vhosts has been done and completed with out errors ..

A quick db look-up indicated error records but without the 'file' record which to me it were referring to an NON existent domain name...This could be brought about cases where a domain is deleted and for some reason the deletion didn't go till end to complete the configurations file be regenerated ..

Anyways, to cut the story short, I did

Code:
delete from Configurations where status='error' and `file`='';

This removed the warnings and also my server worked smoothly thereafter ...
However if you believe that was wrong, please share whys..

Back