• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved .htaccess not working within sub domain

RicardoF1RST

New Pleskian
Hi, any ideas much appreciated.
I have created a new sub domain, copied my files into it (including my normal .htaccess) and stuck a die("Hello Work"); at the top of my index.php. This works fine when directly addressed but if I stick anything else in rather than my index.php catching it, I get a 404 error as though the .htaccess isn't being used. Its the same .htaccess as I use in my other sub domain and that works fine. I have tried sticking some garbage at the top of the .htaccess in question, and I don't get a 500 error, just the same page not found which again indicates Apache isn't using the .htaccess. What am I missing!?

Is "Proxy Mode" enabled in the Apache & Nginx Settings? Else .htaccess is not interpreted.

I thought I had triple checked all settings. Correctamundo, Proxy Mode was disabled - many thanks for getting me to look again - only lost a day :-D

Back