• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue New installation with or without DNS server?

Davit

New Pleskian
I reinstalled PLESK. However, during reinstallation, I did not include DNS server options. Do I have to do a fresh reinstall again to include DNS modules?

I had many problems trying to migrate over from my other DNS server onto PLESK as I could not figure out the Primary and secondary setup under PLESK.
The problems presented many issues with LETEncrypt auto-generation too.
I had to manually configure the certs/DNS records between the Hosted Sites on Plesk with my foreign DNS servers.

In the past, I had a Plesk Secondary DNS setup configured on the older Plesk version.
I had installed the CERTS / hosted TXTs records on remote DNS servers was a pain to figure out and keep intune from the PLESK portal.

My current PLESK setup now gives me problems with WEBMAIL under Plesk Premium Email - Powered by Kolab.
Issues related to HTTPS and not recognizing the DNS records etc.

To solve all issues, I now want to set up DNS services and migrate my existing DNS Records over to PLESK.
1) Is there an easy way? to include a DNS Primary server
2) Do I need to do a FULL reinstall of PLESK with DNS? (I can not see to find the option via Plesk and I dont want to go behind into root to install/configure DNS servers I believe this breaks PLESK or it presents conflicts)
3) Do I go for the Primary 1st or Secondary DNS server option? Ive not tried a Convert Secondary to Primary DNS via Plesk, if possible.

Thank for you help
A new rookie on PLESK.
Davit

Back