• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 12.5 Migration for Plesk 12.5

Thiago Gonçalves

New Pleskian
Hello, I have a problem to migrate from one server windows server 2012 with 12.5 plesk to another with the same configuration. see the message:

Erro: Unable to use the Migration & Transfer Agent installed on the source server: the Agent version 12.5 is not compatible with your Panel version 12.0 on the destination server. Please install Migration & Transfer Agent 12.0 on the source server.

If you want to migrate to Plesk 12.5, you could try Plesk Migrator: http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/migration-guide/introduction/. It was developed as a replacement for Migration & Transfer Manager. We have tried to take into account all known shortcomings and improve the migration tools. Migration available via GUI and via CLI. Take a look at the Installation and Prerequisites section - you need to open ports, listed there.

Hello, I followed every procedure to open doors, but still was unable to migrate through this way, as have two identical servers with Plesk 12.5 he acknowledges not to migrate.

I tried to back up a system and upload the other, but how the file got 11GB he failed to upload to be limited to 2GB.

So did the following, cleaned all backups that Plesk origin had done, and made a full backup, then copied the folder "Parallels \ Plesk \ Backup" for Plesk destination and there has listed this backup, then asked the restoration.

Odin should review this problem of migration by the agent. It is easier to use it. Always used in Plesk 12.0 from one server to another before upgrading, as ne thought this would be a problem.

I am available for further clarification.

Thank you all.

If you have trouble with Plesk Migrator GUI, could I suggest you try Plesk Migrator CLI?

First, you need to configure migration - specify access to source and target servers:

Copy file %plesk_dir%admin\plib\modules\panel-migrator\backend\conf\samples\plesk-windows.simple.ini into <PLESK_DATA_DIRECTORY>\var\modules\panel-migrator\conf\config.ini, where PLESK_DATA_DIRECTORY could be retrieved from registry: reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Plesk\PSA Config\Config" /v PRODUCT_DATA_D /reg:32
Edit just created config.ini and specify following options: ip of target Plesk server (in section plesk), ip of source Plesk server (in section pfw), windows-password - password of user Administrator on source Plesk server

Next, try to generate migration list - list of objects on source server, which can be migrated: domains, clients, resellers, etc:

cmd.exe /C "%plesk_dir%admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/plesk-migrator.bat" generate-migration-list

After that you can edit generated list (<PLESK_DATA_DIRECTORY>\var\modules\panel-migrator\sessions\migration-session\migration-list by default) - for example, remove some domains, that you won't to migrate, or reassign it to another vendors, and finally run migration:

cmd.exe /C "%plesk_dir%admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/plesk-migrator.bat" transfer-accounts

If you encounter a problem on any of these steps, please, let me know, provide log entries, and I believe, we can solve it.

Erro: Unable to use the Migration & Transfer Agent installed on the source server: the Agent version 12.5 is not compatible with your Panel version 12.0 on the destination server. Please install Migration & Transfer Agent 12.0 on the source server.
Are you sure that target server is 12.5? Please check it in the file %plesk_dir%\version

Back