• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Plesk Installer fails to install php 8.3 and 7.4 versions

zvangi

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
I have a fresh Plesk installation on Ubuntu 22.04 minimal. Tried to add PHP 7.4 and 8.3 but faced this error "The 'apt' utility failed to install the required packages."

I suspected that it might be because of my minimal ubuntu installation. I have another server running on Ubuntu 22.04 with normal installation and faced the same issue on it also.

I can remove and add PHP 8.1 and 8.2 without any issues but 7.4 and 8.3 keeps throwing the same error.

How can i resolve this issue?

Thank you!

This should not happen, but as far as I know, Plesk servers have been temporarily unavailable. That might have caused this. Could you please try again if it is working now?

This should not happen, but as far as I know, Plesk servers have been temporarily unavailable. That might have caused this. Could you please try again if it is working now?

It worked for both of the versions now. I guess I just hit a lottery timing there lol. Thank you!

Back