• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk not allowed! Disk space at 100%

Lee RB

New Pleskian
Hi

First I hope I am posting this in the correct place, apologies in advance if its in the wrong forum!

I am running - Virtuozzo container
Plesk Version: psa-8.6.0-cos5.build86080722.00
OS Version: CentOS release 5.2 (Final)

Architecture:
Linux (My Domain) 2.6.18-028stab070.2 #1 SMP Tue Jul 6 14:34:09 MSD 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I've been having issues with my access to Plesk over the past 3/4 weeks, at the time I didn't have the opportunity to look into it fully but it seems now I have lost the operation of my main domain that runs a VBulletin database it has now become 100% priority. I have tried requesting support from my ISP but they haven't been answering emails over the Christmas Holidays.

Plesk has been working fine for the past 3 years so its only the last 3/4/ weeks I've had issues. When I try to login to the control panel @ [My-Ip-Address]:8443/vz/cp/panel/plesk/frameset I get the following error;

Screen Cap:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e141/xrayhead/ScreenShot2012-12-31at145705_zpsbdb2b01e.png

I did read a thread on here where someone had the same problem and it was down to disk space. So I've tried clearing log files via Shell and deleting all the old directories I no longer use via FTP in my HTTP DIR. As soon as I free up space within 10/15 minutes its back to 100% usage.

[root@My-Domain ~]# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/vzfs 5.0G 938M 0 100% /
none 128M 4.0K 128M 1% /dev
/dev/vzfs 5.0G 938M 0 100% /var/named/run-root/var/run/dbus

This is also now causing my SQL server to give error message's due to disk space.

I would really appreciate some help with this as my website has now been down for over a week :-(

Many thanks, Lee

Well it looks like my ISP has been doing something on the VPS as my disk space is now down at 16%.

[root@++++++++++++ ~]# date
Wed Jan 2 13:01:37 GMT 2013
[root@wyedeancanoeclub ~]# df
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/vzfs 5242880 823436 4419444 16% /
none 131072 4 131068 1% /dev
/dev/vzfs 5242880 823436 4419444 16% /var/named/run-root/var/run/dbus

However I still cant access the VPS control panel and get the error "Plesk is not allowed".

Can someone please tell me how to restart the service as the links I have found so far on this forum don't seem to applie to my server build??

Last edited:
So I STILL have no access to my Plesk Domain Control Panel and today I tried to re-stat

I did the following

[root@my-domain-removed init.d]# /etc/init.d/psa stop
Stopping Plesk... done

This made "NO" difference at all and I can still browse to my [my-ip-address]:8443/vz/cp/panel/plesk/frameset

Just to be safe a ran the start cmd afterwards;

[root@my-domain-removed init.d]# /etc/init.d/psa start
Starting xinetd service... done
Starting named service... done
Starting mysqld service... done
Starting qmail service... done
Starting courier-imap service... done
Starting postgresql service... not installed
Starting psa-spamassassin service... not installed
Starting Plesk... done
Starting drwebd service... not installed

This is totally unlikely to help, but what happens if you visit [my-ip-address]:8443 as opposed to the address with the frameset etc?

The disk space thing is kind of worrying. The initial output was saying you had 5Gb, used 1Gb but had 0 free space?
Now it is saying something much more sensible, which is good, but that initial result is strange.

But I wonder if your container has been migrated to a different server, and that's what's caused the Plesk issue somehow. This is definitely an issue to ask your host about as I don't think there's much you can do from your side.

My site is back up and running now!

As to the issues I was having, I just found out that my service provider had just been sold to a new company, new years day I lost all connectivity to my VPS, SHELL and so on. About 13:00 the server came back on-line and was down to 16% disk pace used!!

This did not fix the PLESK issue, I had to ring support and after two days I was told it was a global issue with PLESK and it had been resolved.

So I think your suggestion of the container being moved is correct!

Many thanks for the reply.

Back