• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

The File Sharing service is temporarily unavailable because the site is down...

LucianN

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have CentOS 6.4 and Panel version: 11.5.30 Update #26.
At File Sharing I receive the error:
Code:
Internal error: The File Sharing service is temporarily unavailable because the site is down for maintenance.
Under the File Sharing menu is wrote:
Code:
Unable to load folders list. Retry

I rebooted the system, but I receive same error.
What is the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Try to use following commands for fixing this issue:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/file-sharing --sync
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Hi LucianN,

looks good. What if you reapply the settings once again?
Does it then work?

Can you have a look at the plesk panel log?

Hi HMoellendorf87,

I saved again settings. Nothing happened.
I can look at anything, just tell me where can I found it. Where can I fount Plesk panel log?

Thanks!

Hi HMoellendorf87,

I looked in logs and when I access File Sharing is wrote in log
Code:
2013-12-11T14:56:51+00:00 ERR (3)  [panel]: File sharing list retrieval failed: sharing type=private, error=The File Sharing service is temporarily unavailable because the site is down for maintenance.
2013-12-11T15:09:16+00:00 ERR (3)  [panel]: File sharing list retrieval failed: sharing type=private, error=The File Sharing service is temporarily unavailable because the site is down for maintenance.
2013-12-11T21:13:08+00:00 ERR (3)  [panel]: File sharing list retrieval failed: sharing type=private, error=The File Sharing service is temporarily unavailable because the site is down for maintenance.
2013-12-11T22:41:58+00:00 ERR (3)  [panel]: File sharing list retrieval failed: sharing type=private, error=The File Sharing service is temporarily unavailable because the site is down for maintenance.

Also I attached a screen with tail for error log:
http://prntscr.com/2agors

I discover also that there is no config file. /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini does not exist.

Hi LucianN,

it seems, that there is a file missing, appearantly. You could try to do a bootstrapper repair (/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.0.9-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair)! Please be sure, to use the bootstrapper.sh out of the folder with the correct current system version of Plesk.

Hi HMoellendorf87,

I ran that command (for my version) from /root/tmp (I guess that c doesn't matter).
Code:
# /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.5.30-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair
Started bootstrapper repair procedure. This may take a while.
Certain actions may be skipped if not applicable.

-- Warning: Skipping the data of table mysql.event. Specify the --events option explicitly.
 Finishing up upgrade procedures and rerunning previously failed upgrade actions...
===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade and repair (revertable stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk database (revertable stage) has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk upgrade (final stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk (final stage) has been completed.
===> Cumulative APS controller database (apsc) upgrade and repair has been started.
===> Upgrade and repair of APS controller database has been completed.
 Reconfiguring mail subsystem...
 Reconfiguring Apache web server...
 Reconfiguring ProFTPD FTP server...
 Reconfiguring AWStats web statistics...
 Reconfiguring WatchDog...
 Restoring SELinux contexts...
 Regenerating web servers' configuration files...
 Cleaning active Panel sessions...

Bootstrapper repair finished.
If problems persist, please check installer logs ('/tmp/plesk_11.5.30_repair.log' and '/tmp/plesk_11.5.30_repair_problems.log') for errors.
If you can't resolve the issue on your own, please address Parallels support.

In /tmp/plesk_11.5.30_repair.log is can't find any error (if is needed I can upload it here).
/tmp/plesk_11.5.30_repair_problems.log was not created.

The problem was not resolved.

Last edited:
Hi,

does it now works? If not, is it possible to create a support request for it?
As far, I didn't setup File Sharing yet, so I can't further investigate it without access to your server.

Hi,

Thanks for your support. It still not working. I'll still search for a solution. I'll write it here if I found it.

Regards,
Lucian

Hi LucianN,

is there any possibility to get access? Then I'll investigate this case. Maybe you check it again the error_log if you just accessed it, if the error will be generated.
If yes, we are a step further.

Hi HMoellendorf87,

Thank you for your offer. Unfortunately I didn't get any answer from the owner regarding acceptance to connect directly to server.
In exchange he sent me another error and it seems that is correlated with this.

Because I made some upgrades for the website, I made a maintenance folder in htdocs folder and I redirect made redirection to with with .htaccess. It seems that was a problem with this maintenance folder in htdocs. When is accessed
Websites & Domains -> (domain section) -> Web Statistics
is loaded page from maintenance.
I renamed that folder and now I get another error: http://prntscr.com/2c1wsf

Also in Panel log: /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log is wrote
Code:
2013-12-18T20:35:17+11:00 ERR (3)  [panel]: File sharing list retrieval failed: sharing type=private, error=The directory does not exist "admin"

There is no difference if I create "admin" folder in htdocs. So, admin folder is not referring at htdocs. It should be elsewhere.

On that website is installed a Magento application.

I reconfigured and repaired again, but didn't solve the problem.

Regards,
Lucian

Hello,

I've read somewhere in the forum that IgorG recommend to change admin password because is recreate system admin login. After this update, I get another error:
Code:
Internal error: OK
Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/2gg84g

After that I've looked in /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log and there had appeared some warnings and notices:
Code:
2014-01-05T02:34:25+11:00 ERR (3)  [panel]: Response from sappmng in stderr: PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Australia/Melbourne' for 'EST/11.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogymiYlr.zip384ef307-7df5-7a/cache/scripts/env-parser.php on line 214
PHP Warning:  Missing argument 8 for set_write_permissions(), called in /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogymiYlr.zip384ef307-7df5-7a/cache/scripts/app-util.php on line 19 and defined in /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogymiYlr.zip384ef307-7df5-7a/cache/scripts/app-util.php on line 74
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: writable_configs in /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogymiYlr.zip384ef307-7df5-7a/cache/scripts/app-util.php on line 76
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogymiYlr.zip384ef307-7df5-7a/cache/scripts/app-util.php on line 76
PHP Warning:  rmdir(/var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com.au/httpdocs/var/cache/): Directory not empty in /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogymiYlr.zip384ef307-7df5-7a/cache/scripts/upgrade-app.php on line 45

When I access File Sharing section:
Code:
2014-01-05T02:34:49+11:00 ERR (3)  [panel]: File sharing list retrieval failed: sharing type=private, error=OK

Other info:
Code:
# php -ver
PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Jul 12 2013 20:35:47)

I still need help to solve this problem. If somebody have any idea about what is happening, it is great.
Thanks in advance,
Lucian

Back