• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Password Protected Main Directory-Subdomains-Is not Possible

Hassan Saeed

New Pleskian
Hi Everyone,

I have read a number of resources before posting this question. I thought that I would be possible to set a password for the main subdomain directly. I have done it in another a platform other than plesk and it worked. So, I did the same in plesk and it didn't worked. I then contacted my hosting provider and they answered the following:

" I apologize for the inconvenience. I found that password protection could not be used on the main directory either httpdocs or the subdomain directory. I highly suggest making a login page within your app."

I still think that my hosting provider is not answering it correctly but I am new. A little correction or confirmation is required.

Back