• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

403 / forbidden - but why?

K

k.satirli

Guest
I reimaged my server and uploaded backups I made with plesk. I imported them via the shell in the way Plesk describes it in their FAQs.

Now, when I access domain.com I get 403 / Forbidden.

The error_log says:

[Fri Jul 22 16:01:44 2005] [crit] [client 84.86.11.210] (13)Permission denied: /home/httpd/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

Now, the error would be quite ... obvious but there never was a .htaccess file in there and even when I put one there (empty of course) and chmod it to 777 and chown it to domain:psacln it doesnt work.

I've got no clue as to why. I'd re-create the client but the problem is that I have no clue how to back up my mails and I'd rather just fix the apache problem.

suggestions, anyone? how do I teach plesk to love me again?
 
well that is of course most embarassing.

I thought plesk would restore the same chmods / chowns as before the backup but since it didnt work, I chmodded to ftpusername:psaCLN not psaSERV.

psaserv really did it for me.

thanks a lot.
 
No problem, that is just another reason I use 4psa's Total Backup instead of psadump/psarestore.

It's always the simple things that get us :D

(like trying to learn how to rebuild php from sRPM's)
 
Back
Top