• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue 502 Bad Gateway After High Apache Ram Usage

GoodHost

New Pleskian
502 Bad Gateway After High Apache Ram Usage

I have a plesk server with 44 wordpress websites. Every 1 to 3 days the ram usage goes up and the sites down.
Today it was twice in a day.

downtime 2 high memory usage.png

Downtime.PNG
Apache restart interval
I have tried many things but with no success. The last thing i tried today is
Apache restart interval (seconds)
from 0 seconds that it was to 300
lets see how that will go

PHP
I have all my sites at PHP 7.2.11 run as FPM application served by Apache

Usage
The server is for my own clients wordpress sites. So i create new subscriptions, new wordpress sites and so on.

Any help will be appreciated

On servers with high load, we recommend switch to Event mode at Tools & Settings > Apache Web server > MPM Mode
Also, you can try to disable all unused Apache modules there.

On servers with high load, we recommend switch to Event mode at Tools & Settings > Apache Web server > MPM Mode
Also, you can try to disable all unused Apache modules there.
MPM Mode is set to Event from start.
Dont know about modules so i cant do anything about it

Uhm... if it's a PHP/Apache setup, why are you getting an Nginx error message? On the assumption that you meant php/nginx, I'll continue...

Depending on how exactly your webhost has things setup, it could be one of a number of things. Most likely, one of the backend processes they're proxying to is giving 500 errors of it's own (that's pretty much what "Bad Gateway" means), so I'd start with looking into why your backends are sending back 5xx codes in response to requests. Look in the app error logs (to see what errors it is spawning) and nginx error logs (to see what URLs are causing the failures). Lodge a ticket with your hosting provider to get them to look at any logs you don't have access to yourself.

Back