• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue 503 error when overriding php.ini xdebug.mode in a specific domain

mavalentin

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.57 Update #5
Hi, I have been trying to setup XDebug on my plesk server for development purposes.
I enabled the xdebug module in the specific PHP version in the plesk settings, and in the specific domain subscription in plesk I have set in "additional PHP settings" "xdebug.mode=develop,debug".

Everything works and I am able to use debugging in my IDE.

I wanted though to set in the global php.ini "xdebug.mode=off", because I don't want to enable debugging for all domains in Plesk, as without specifying anything, after enabling the xdebug module, every domain on plesk has "xdebug.mode=develop" in its phpinfo().

What happens though when I set "xdebug.mode=off" in the global php.ini trough the Plesk panel is that the website on which I previously override the setting gives me Error 503 (AH01067: Failed to read FastCGI header).
If I also set the global value equal to "xdebug.mode=develop,debug", so that it is the same as the override value, then the error does not happen anymore.

What am I doing wrong in setting the global value and overriding it on a specific domain?

Thank you

Back