• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Access log off for nginx logs

Heppi75

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.62 Update #2
Hi,

I was debugging nginx requests and noticed, that I don't see any access logs from nginx in the domain log folder. After searching for the issue I found out, that the nginx config files, generated by plesk, have access_log off; set in the config?

Is this really useful? Is there a way to change this global that to file pointer to proxy_access_ssl_log and proxy_error_log for all domains are set in the nginx config file.
I actually think this is absolutely necessary for debugging actions. Why was it implemented like that?

Thanks for any comments on this ...

This is the section I am talking ... - in this case the request is forwarded to apache, because nginx is used as proxy, but if there is an error with nginx, apache will not receive the request and I don't see anything, because of this access_log off; ...

Code:
location / {
                proxy_pass https://myip:7081;
                proxy_hide_header upgrade;
                proxy_set_header Host             $host;
                proxy_set_header X-Real-IP        $remote_addr;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For  $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
                proxy_set_header X-Accel-Internal /internal-nginx-static-location;
                access_log off;

}

Back