• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Access to a database from another plesk server

SalvadorS

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.62 #2
Hello everybody,

I need to access to a plesk database of one domain hosted in one server from another domain in another server with plesk.

In the destination server (the server where I need to access to de database) I went to Tools & Settings > Database Servers > Settings > and click on the Local MySQL Settings and check that "Allow remote connections from any host" is enabled.

I went to the destination database and I allow connections from the IP of the server I want to access from.

Then I modify

/etc/mysql/my.cnf (I am under debian)

And

/etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf

I changed

bind-address = 127.0.0.1

to

bind-address = 127.0.0.1,x.x.x.x

Where x.x.x.x is the IP of the server I want to access from

Restart mysql. But it doesnt work

It is only working if I set bind-address to 0.0.0.0

But I don´t want to open the whole server, only to x.x.x.x

What I am doing wrong?

bind-address is used to configure to which IP MariaDB (or MySQL) listen to. It can only listen to IP addresses which are present at the network interface of the server (or 127.0.0.1 to listen locally or 0.0.0.0 to listen to all). Not to remote IP's.

If you want to limit connections from one source IP only you can consider creating a firewall rule to only allows traffic from one specific IP on the MaraiDB port (3306).

Back