• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

add php extension in custom php.ini with multiple PHP versions in plesk panel 11.5

laukho

New Pleskian
Hi,
I have installed multiple PHP Versions in my Plesk Panel 11.5, now i have the default php 5.3 version and a new php 5.5 version.
I followed this post for install :
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=72042.htm
I also created a "temp" directory in "/usr/local/" to install the php 5.5 version, so the complete path is "/usr/local/temp/php-5.5.11".
Unfortunately, the "pdo_mysql" extension is inactive for the new php 5.5 version.

I'm not an expert but after reading this post :
http://forum.parallels.com/showthre...ltiple-php-versions-php-ini-files-do-not-load
I understood that custom "php.ini" is located in "/var/www/vhosts/system/mywebsite.TLD/etc/php.ini", so i remove the "php.ini" from this location by thinking that will take the default php 5.3 version where "pdo_mysql" extension is active.
After this, the main "php.ini" is suppose to be locate in "/usr/local/temp/php-5.5.11/etc" and "phpinfo()" page displays "none" for "Loaded Configuration File".

Now, i want to add "pdo_mysql" extension for php 5.5 version.
So i create a blank "php.ini" in "/var/www/vhosts/system/mywebsite.TLD/etc" directory with :
Code:
extension = php_pdo.dll
extension = php_pdo_mysql.dll

After reloading, the "phpinfo()" page dont' show "mysql" in "PDO" section.
I tried to add something else in custom "php.ini" :
Code:
date.timezone = Asia/Tokyo
and it works !
So "timezone" works in my custom "php.ini" but still not work for "pdo_mysql" extension.
Anyone knows how to fix that issue ?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

did you actually compile the pdo_mysql Module for PHP 5.5?

Another thing is that with Linux the extension should end with .so and not .dll

Regards,
Kristian

Hi Kristian,
thanks for your answer.

Do you mean that when i compiled php with "./configure" command, i had to add the "pdo_mysql" module ?
Is it possible to add the module after the installation ?

I change the extension in my custom "php.ini" :

Code:
extension = php_pdo.so
extension = php_pdo_mysql.so

but it still no effects, the "pdo_sqlite" module is enable but not the "pdo_mysql".

Do i have to reinstall php version from scratch ?

Thanks

Back