• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved All website on server crashed

SoufianeAb

Basic Pleskian
Hi

When install update for WordPress or sometime clear cache or modify some option all website on my server crashed and see this page on browser

I expect it works in the rest of the countries but for me It crashes for a short time, approximately 10 minutes

by using VPN i can browse all website

Last edited:
10 minutes = 600 seconds = default setting in your Fail2Ban IP Address Ban. Plus when you are using a different IP address it works. This is clearly a block imposed by Fail2Ban. Please check your jails and your fail2ban log what is causing this.

Is that address your IP address (the one of your Internet connection from where you are working)?

Please look into the error_log files of the affected website(s) and look out for the 403 error messages by ModSecurity. These mention and "id" like "id 212870". Add these ids to the exceptions list of the "Web Application Firewall" icon on "Websites and Domains". There will probably more than one id, because normally the Comodo Basic Rule Set reacts on different transactions with some false positives. Add all these ids to the exceptions. But only add the ones that have blocked your own IP. Normally there are two or three rules that are falsely triggered.

Afterwards, the webserver needs to reload the configuration so that the exceptions apply. Meanwhile you can remove the blocked IP from the jails list in Tools & Settings > Security > Fail2Ban.

Back