• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Allow user to restore only from system backup

carini

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.49_build1800221221.11 os_Ubuntu 20.04
Good morning,

I have some server with backup on S3 configured in
Code:
Home -> Tools & Settings -> Backup Manager
: I wish to leave the user capable to request a restore from scheduled system backup but WITHOUT allowing the user to schedule or request further backup.

Configuring

Code:
Backup and restoration of subscription data using the server storage
Backup and restoration of subscription data using remote storage
Backup and restoration of account data using the server storage
Backup and restoration of account data using remote storage

Is NOT an option since the feature is likely to be heavily abused by user, There is a way to allow the restore only?

Anything under the Tools & Settings is considered an admin feature. I wouldn't want any customers being able to do anything under there. Especially with how the backup and restore is done. Each customer does have an ability to setup their own backup with their own remote server if they wish to do so but otherwise they would need to put in a request to you (or to your team) for a restore at the server level.

Absolutely agree that customer shouldn't be able to do backups. However customer should be able to have a restore-only function (limited to his own site BTW) ...

Leave a backup on remote server open and immediately customers pop up with a full backup every time they need to change a line on single file.

Back