• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Any chance to get Plesk 10.4 work with MySQL 5.6+

P

pablers

Hi there

Due to some features that are only included in version 5.6.4 or later I'm trying to install such version on my dedicated server with no luck

Any chance?
Thanks in advice

Did you upgrade MySQL from OS repository? Mysql should be taken from the official OS repository and installed by means of the OS package manage in order to avoid possible dependencies conflicts.

No way to upgrade from repository (or i don't know how to) i'm not able to find a higher version than 5.5 at repositorys so just i delete the current version (5.1) and i install 5.6.4 (i download it from mysql official download center) , as soon as i do this plesk stops working

Untill OS vendors will add MySQL 5.6 support surely Plesk team will do nothing to upgrade PLESK to support MySQL >5.6.4 (FULLTEXT indexes & FULLTEXT search ready under InnoDB Engine by default)...
The easy way to achieve MySQL 5.6.14 if working through PLESK 11.5.30 is building an additional CLOUD VPS with only MySQL 5.6.14 running and setting it as remote MySQL server at PLESK afterwards. Doing it this way will save you a lot of problems and will not conflict with future PLESK default updates.
>> You may get and build an additional CLOUD VPS for few coins/month here: http://goo.gl/bfzLlP
Hope this helps,

I managed to make MySQL 5.6 work with Plesk 11.5, with a bit of effort. Here's how.

First blacklist mysql-* from Remi repo (if you are using it):

Code:
vim /etc/yum.repos.d/remi.repo

... adding exclude=mysql-* to [remi] section. Then add MySQL official repository to yum:

Code:
rpm -Uvh http://dev.mysql.com/get/mysql-community-release-el6-5.noarch.rpm

The repository will be enabled by default and configured to install MySQL 5.6.

Then actually update mysql, locate my.cnf.rpmnew file, merge changes to /etc/my.cnf and remove the flag STRICT_TRANS_TABLES:

Code:
service mysqld stop
yum update
updatedb
locate -r .rpmnew$
vim -d /etc/my.cnf.rpmnew /etc/my.cnf

Then start the service and use mysql_update to update existing databases:

Code:
service mysqld start
mysql_upgrade -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

Finally fix ODBC settings (/etc/odbcinst.ini will use /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5.so that doesn't exist). I don't know why by when using mysql-connectors-odbc from MySQL official repository the library driver /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5.so is missing (splitted in ansi/unicode drivers). Fix it with a symbolic link:

Code:
ln -s /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5w.so /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5.so

If you try to add a subscription right now (or access "Application Vault" under Plesk settings) you'll get an error: ODBC can't connect using socket /tmp/mysql.sock (see: http://forum.parallels.com/showthre...C-5-3(w)-Driver-Can-t-connect-to-local-MySQL). Again, I don't know what's changed in mysql-connectors-odbc but you can fix with a symbolic link:

Code:
ln -s /tmp/mysql.sock /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

You'll end up with a fully working MySQL 5.6 installation.

Back