• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Apache Testing 123 page displaying instead of website

CHLondon

New Pleskian
I am not a developer but have been helping a friends with their website as they had some issues with malware.

During a basic database cleanup, I went into Plesk to update the Plesk version and do some other security upgrades.

Whilst making these changes, I also installed the Wordpress Application in Plesk thinking this would be an easier way to manage the site rather than going directly to the Wordpress admin panel. But after making these changes, the site has gone down entirely and all that is being shown on the website is the 'Apache Testing 123...' page.

It looks like somehow I've overwritten or deleted the website content, but I have no idea how. We have backup copies of the database, but I don't think I have a local copy of the website content itself.

I've used Tools like BackupBuddy in Wordpress before, but we had to delete most of our plugins because there was malware somewhere in the site.

Is there any way through Plesk to obtain a copy of the site contents?

Plesk includes a backup tool. If you have made a backup with it, e.g. used the typical automated daily backup with full backup or increments, you can recover your site from there. If you do not have a backup, you need to recreate your content.

Back