• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Backup of database

L

Lindsay@

Is it a tool that can backup databases hourly as i had a backupscript before when i didnt have plesk.
I want to backup individual databases

You can still use the same script you did before. You can back the database up outside of plesk with no issues.

oki but how can i restore?

#!/bin/bash
### MySQL Server Login Info ###
MUSER="root"
MPASS="MYSQL-ROOT-PASSWORD"
MHOST="localhost"
MYSQL="$(which mysql)"
MYSQLDUMP="$(which mysqldump)"
BAK="/backup/mysql"
GZIP="$(which gzip)"
### FTP SERVER Login info ###
FTPU="FTP-SERVER-USER-NAME"
FTPP="FTP-SERVER-PASSWORD"
FTPS="FTP-SERVER-IP-ADDRESS"
NOW=$(date +"%d-%m-%Y")

[ ! -d $BAK ] && mkdir -p $BAK || /bin/rm -f $BAK/*

DBS="$($MYSQL -u $MUSER -h $MHOST -p$MPASS -Bse 'show databases')"
for db in $DBS
do
FILE=$BAK/$db.$NOW-$(date +"%T").gz
$MYSQLDUMP -u $MUSER -h $MHOST -p$MPASS $db | $GZIP -9 > $FILE
done

lftp -u $FTPU,$FTPP -e "mkdir /mysql/$NOW;cd /mysql/$NOW; mput /backup/mysql/*; quit" $FTPS

This is not the script we was using when i had help from a friend of mine from denmark, but this script removes old backups so how can we also make it so it keeps old backups?

Back