• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Backup question

A

AjayJ

If we take backup from plesk 9.3 for windows backup manager
does include all? like mssql, mysql database, mail data etc...

Please help

Ajay,

If you are using Migration Manager, it will backup DBs, Mails, data & config. If you face problem migrating DB follow these steps:
On the old server side, a connection should be established to db server with the parameters defined in the configuration of the source Plesk server. Make sure admin account defined in the connection config has rights for all user's db. On new server, db server must be configured first in Plesk. Only then db connection could be established for migration.

One more help my server goes down when we try take backup..please help

When you take backup, do you select "Suspend domains until backup task is completed". This suspends domain unless op is complete.

no we don't click "Suspend domains until backup task is completed", Its required?

Then your server runs short of resources when you run backup and restore. Note that when you run deployer, the Plesk page shows successful execution of command. However, the deployer keeps running depending the amount of data restore. I will recommend use batch process on server to restore accounts than migration manager on plesk panel. This will ensure your next command in executed only when 'success/failed' status is returned.

here is the syntax: pleskrestore --restore <backup file name> -level reseller OR clients OR domains. You can also apply optional filters, mapping, and config resolution.

But question not for migration manager..I am trying to take backup on second hard drive from backup manager but after backup complete server goes down and backup not available after reboot server..

Back