• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Backups to remote location fail since upgrade to 17.5

purplizer

New Pleskian
Hello,

Yesterday my Onyx installation was update from 17.0.17 to 17.5. That went without issues, except that backups to a remote ftp now fail.

I use adrive.com to store my backups, and that has worked for almost a year without any issues. However, something must have changed in the way Onyx checks the remote server. It now checks whether it can create an empty folder (named check0). That directory name cannot be created however in Adrive (for some reason I do not know, I also failed creating it manually through its web interface), and thus Onyx decides that the ftp server is not writeable and the backup task fails:

Error: Unable to operate the storage: Transport error: Unable to create the directory 'ftp://ftp.adrive.com//server/check0/': Curl error: (21) Quote command returned error: Last FTP request: MKD check0 Last FTP response: 550 Could not create directory
Check that you have permissions to create folders in the storage. You can check it independently with the command:
curl --ftp-create-dirs -v --ftp-pasv -u [email protected] ftp://ftp.adrive.com//server/test-dir/

I also tried secure ftp, same issue. Could the check maybe change directory names or something like that?
Thanks!

I don't know if it is the solution, but it's worth a try to lose the first slash (before server) in your config.
As you can see it tries it with a double slash, which most of the time doesn't pose a problem.

Have you tried the url using the FTP CLI client?

Is the folder "server" already created?

I don't think it's able to create folders more than 1 deep

Did you try the suggested curl command?

I have no idea if 17.0.17 used the same test method. Someone from Plesk may be able to answer that

Last edited:
I don't know if it is the solution, but it's worth a try to lose the first slash (before server) in your config.
As you can see it tries it with a double slash, which most of the time doesn't pose a problem.

Have you tried the url using the FTP CLI client?

Is the folder "server" already created?

I don't think it's able to create folders more than 1 deep

Did you try the suggested curl command?

I have no idea if 17.0.17 used the same test method. Someone from Plesk may be able to answer that

Thank you for your answer. A couple of answers first:
- directory server was already created
- I tried it with and without the slash
- I did try the command line.

My issue has been fixed by Adrive in the meantime. I contacted them, and although they haven't answered yet, it seems like they whitelisted the check0 directory name, because it can be created now. (by myself, and by Plesk, so the verification now checks out before the backup task is started). Issue fixed I guess, unless more ftp providers blacklist that check0 directory name for some reason.

Were you able to create other folders before?
If so, what a strange thing to do to meddle with the naming.

Back