• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Best practise

Z

zebrafilm

With a fresh 9.5 version I am planning to move to a new server and move also from 9.3 to 9.5 but there are a few question/discussion points.

Install:
What would be the best setup when I want to keep Plesk 9.5 speedy, (well as much as possible).
Would it make a difference not to install PHP4 and keep MSSQL on 2008 only?
I am not talking about the server, that one is quick enough (quadcore with SSD discs on WSRV2008R2web) but about the best and lightest/fastest install.
I am using Smartermail and Smarter track so I am not using all the build in tools.

Migration:
in version 8, I used the migration manager without problem but never got it fully working in any of the 9 versions.
Question: Is there a difference between using the migration manager and restoring a backup on a new machine?

Migration:
in version 8, I used the migration manager without problem but never got it fully working in any of the 9 versions.
Question: Is there a difference between using the migration manager and restoring a backup on a new machine?

There is no any difference from result point of view. You can use both these methods for migration from one server to other server.

Back