• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Broke server name / IP relationship

KirkM

Regular Pleskian
I did something really stupid. I was messing around with trying to use Let's Encrypt to secure the server and I think I accidentally had Plesk Panel wipe some relational data from the PSA database.

Server name was secure.myserver.com
A domain on it was myserver.com

To get the Let's Encrypt UI to allow me to select securing the Plesk panel, I needed a new subdomain named the same as the server so I created secure.mydomain.com as a subdomain on mydomain.com.

When I tried to use the Let's Encrypt UI to create a certificate and secure the panel, it threw a big error.
So I decided to punt the whole thing and continue to use a purchased cert for the server and panel.

So I deleted the subdomain. BIG MISTAKE. Now the panel is dead and I can't even use the server's IP to get in because it keeps redirecting to the server name. I suspect that certain records in the PSA database got wiped relating to the server name. I was using the server's certificate and mailserver for all my sites to send secure mail so they are all down now too. The websites are all up and functional. Just not anything that uses the server name.

I have no idea where to start looking to repair this. I ran every utility I know of, including the plesk repair command but it did nothing. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Plesk 12.5.3
Centos 7

If you have a fresh dump of psa database in /var/lib/psa/dumps/ you can try to restore it.

Thanks Igor. I finally got into the panel with the IP address and it wiped out the CSR and certificate. I hoped that was it so I did a new CSR request and re-issued the cert. No luck. I tried everything else, so I guess I do need to restore the psa database. I haven't done that before and I searched for instruction online and the plesk kB article didn't make any sense to me. I see the gzip file mysql.daily.dump.0.gz in the directory but is just says to use #plesk db psa < psa.sql with no other details. Obviously, that doesn't work. Mind giving me a clue how to do this correctly? Thanks

Yes, that is the article I read. Here is what it says to restore:

The example below shows how to restore 'PSA' database from the dump:

# plesk db psa < psa.sql
That command obviously doesn't work on a gz file or unzipped for that matter. There is some significant instruction missing here.

Nevermind. I used the long form way of restoring the dump. Once I did that and then re-uploaded the certificate, it came back up.

Back