• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cannot access the Plesk web panel after upgrading to Debian 10.

Java2107

New Pleskian
Hi,

Today we upgraded our server to Debian 10. The upgrade went fairly well and there were some small issues which we managed to resolve, but we cannot access the Plesk web panel.

We have tried running Plesk repair utility on a command line to no avail. The following is shown when I try to access the panel:

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error
: Unknown: Failed opening required 'auth.php' (include_path='.:') in Unknown on line

Additionally I have attached a screenshot of what is shown.

Thanks.

Attachments

• TBOas9RaWh5.png
    TBOas9RaWh5.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 10
If you have a snapshot before the upgrade then restore it or if you have backups restore them on a fresh server.

Currently, Plesk does not support dist-upgrade from Ubuntu 16.04 to Ubuntu 18.04 or Debian 9 to Debian 10 yet.

We managed to fix the issue by renaming /etc/apt/sources.list.d to /etc/apt/sources.list.d.backup and running the Plesk installer, and everything seems to be in full working order.

I would in this case recommend you to set up a new server with Debian 10 install Plesk on it and migrate. To avoid any other issues that maybe still lingering due the Dist Upgrade

I've tested everything and it appears to be working fine. I'd reinstall everything, but from my knowledge there is no easy way to back the entirety of Plesk's configuration to a file and restore it on another server.

Back