• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Can't change IUSR permission with File Manager

GlennT

Basic Pleskian
Hi all

I can't change IUSR_xxxxxx permissions using Plesk's File Manager and I used to have that ability with earlier versions of Plesk. There's a Red Circle with an X in it next to the IUSR_name. Users must have this ability to manage file permissions for IUSR in order to get their apps working.

I'm using Pesk CP 9.5.

Any thoughts on why this doesn't work?

Thanks
G

Hi Glenn,

Kindly check "Advanced" and see if you (user) has permission there.

Do let us know if this helps

Still can't change permissions for IUSR

Hi Jas

I can't change permissions using Advanced permissions manager either.

Thx for the suggestion.

G

Hi I also encountered the same today, i observer .security file does not get updated even you run reconfigurator on particular folder. That could be the reason.

It happened with one of sub-domain i am planning to run check permission on main domain after backing up .security file's from domain and subdomains.

Any inputs from Plesk support will be appreciated :).

Calling Plesk support

Any thoughts on why IUSR permissions are locked out for folders or files?

I have the same issue.

It's sad to see forum threads unanswered by the corporation that rins it. Parallel should really add some staff for their forum support. I know they want to sell support packages and all but a free forum still should have some reponses after 24 to 48 hours ...

Well, i'm using up a support ticket for this one!

Danny

i've opened a new thread for this and i'm waiting for a response.

In the meantime, I found the security reconfigurator in the Plesk tools under /start/run/programs/Plesk ...

This fixes some folder/file level security issues.

I also played around with the "advanced" security feature while in the Plesk/domain/files which seemed to work after the securit reconfiguration i did.

Danny

Back