• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change DocumentRoot of default vhost

I created a vhost for my domain via Plesk. It has been created under /var/www/vhosts/<mydomain>.

I would like to use <mydomain> as the default vhost. Currently, server.conf file (/etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/) specifies DocumentRoot path to /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs and any changes made in this file are automatically overwritten anyway.

How do I adjust the configuration, so when I go to a browser and access <mydomain> or <myIP>, the custom domain files are served instead of the Plesk's default vhost?

I tried to do it with vhost.conf placed under /var/www/vhosts/<mydomain>/conf/ and reconfiguring vhosts afterwards, but the default DocumentRoot remains unchanged, even with restarting Apache.

It's getting a little bit frustrating actually. This kind of a change should be possible to be made via the GUI in a clear, easy way...

Back