• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

change hostname

K

Koen

Hi,

We recently installed a plesk server for one of our customers.
The server was initially installed using the hostname server.ourdomain.net.
However the client has been using the server now and wants to change the hostname to host.hisdomain.net.

We found the "change hostname" options in plesk, but it didn't affect all redirects.
I found the old hostname in the psa MySQL database (the values sso_relay, sso_server and sso_server_user_url in the table misc) and also changed it there, but still no advance was made.
Later I reinstalled plesk-billing and that solved the problem for that (single) application.

The hostname has already been changed on the server itself, /etc/hosts shows the correct name, /etc/sysconfig/ scripts have been updated and the server has rebooted afterwards.
I also checked the httpd configuration and that one seems alright to me.

At the moment one of the few places where I am spotting this issue is the "Log out" button.
The weird thing about this is, that it works correctly when I click the "Switch user" button (which I think also triggers the logout).

Now I can't just reinstall plesk completely since it is already being used.
So what do I still need to change on this server to make the change to the hostname everywhere?

For the record, we are using:
CentOS 5.2
Plesk 9

Kind regards,

Koen

Back